12 Week ESSENTIAL Base | 6-9 hours | with personalized coaching insights
Erik KnudsenAll plans by this Coach
This 12 week base plan (power based) is designed for the time-crunched cyclist looking to maximize every minute on the bike in a structured, systematic, and proven way.
This base plan is perfect for road, XC or gravel riders who want to be in peak fitness form in 5-6 months. But just a warning, you'll be feeling pretty good and want to hammer at the end of these 3 months.
Workouts during the week (T,W,TH) are no longer than 1 hour, and workouts on the weekend are 1.5-2 hours. Typical weeks include 3 sweet spot workouts and 1 threshold day, with progressive builds throughout the plan. Towards the end of the plan we'll incorporate a few VO2 workouts to get you ready for higher level efforts after completion of the plan.
In addition to the plan, you also get:
-Core work with instructional video
-Monthly personal INSIGHTS from the author of this plan (coach Erik) every 4 weeks to give you feedback on how you're doing! (link provided to connect with coach)
-INSIGHTS after each of your FTP tests also from coach!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?