Spin It to Win It: 5 week 5hr/wk Steady State FTP builder/Time to Exhaustion Extender
Patrick SmithAll plans by this Coach
Want to climb higher, ride further, or increase your FTP? This plan is designed around building aerobic capacity through extended periods working at your Maximal Lactate Steady State (MLSS). There are no extreme efforts, just long intervals of sustained effort. This plan is best used for a base building period by any level of athlete. Good for both raising FTP and building endurance capacity.
I suggest pairing this with a core exercise plan such as my 6 Week FTP Builder Weights plan. Email me with whatever questions you have.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?