The Ultimate 12-week Off-Season / Winter Training plan (Base Phase) w/ free 12-week S&C!
Optimum CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This 12-week plan is aimed at cycling enthusiasts that want to improve their fitness, aerobic capacity and keep fit this winter with structured training! The plan is suitable for cyclists who currently train a few times a week but are looking for more structured training or those who. You need to be able to complete 4-5 sessions per week.
Our plans are created using sessions which have been tried and tested with a huge variety of athletes from club and leisure riders right up to current world tour riders! Optimum Coaching has worked with countless of athletes from across the world over a huge range of abilities.
The plan is perfect to be done at any point in the year. It could be done at the start of training before you get into some speciality work or during the summer to get more focused to reach a specific goal.
During the 12-week plan the weekly volume will vary between 6-8 hours and see a progressive build in training stress. The TSS will build in a progressive but achievable way to get the most amount of benefit and adaption from the 12 weeks.
The workout intensities are based on power (or perceived exertion). The plan incorporates common cycling language when describing the workouts which makes the plan very easy to follow.
On day 1 of the plan you are provided with more getting-started guidelines and our contact in case you have questions about your workouts. You will also get your free S&C plan.
The plan was created with use of the TrainingPeaks "Workout Builder". Therefore, the workouts may be uploaded to a device (power meter, heart rate monitor or indoor trainer) or a companion app to help you follow the workout easier. This also allows you to see what the workout will be like before starting. For more information on compatible devices and apps and how to export the workouts from this plan to them go to http://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000325647-Structured-Workout-Export.
The plan was created with the main focus on Training Stress Score (TSS) which can be found in every workout. Your actual TSS may vary from this forecast when you finish the workout but is used as a very good guide. TSS takes into account the intensity of the workout rather than the volume so is much better to use as a prediction for fatigue it will create and performance benefits that it will bring on.
When you purchase this plan, you have an option to share your email with us, we encourage you to check this box. This will allow us to send out follow up emails with more information about the plan and will give you the option to contact us if you run into a problem. We also ask you to provide feedback on this plan after you have finished to see how it worked out for you. Your email address will not be used for anything else.
What will I receive from this plan?
World class training sessions:
- Sessions used in the plan are tried at tested from beginner to current world tour riders!
- The plan would meet the needs from beginner cyclists to elite athletes and every in between.
Access to an experienced coach:
- Have the ability to ask questions or have support on your planned by a Level 2 qualified coach.
- Every workout is created using TrainingPeaks workout builder which can be exported to 3rd party apps such as Zwift.
- Each workout can be exported to your device (Garmin, Wahoo etc.)
- The programme is designed so you can adjust which day your main event is.
Guides & Manuals
- We provide you with a guide to help to optimise your training such as recovery strategies and fuelling advice etc.
- 12 Week S&C Plan
- All clients that purchase a training plan are given promotions for further plans and coaching!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:24 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:24 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?