This plan is best used for the period after an endurance build programme, aimed at 6-8 hour per week riders.
The plan is based on indoor training with a longer ride at the weekend. The plan can easily be used as a more vaired mix of indoor and outdoor, the emphasis on completing workouts and then adding Z2 time if you wish to increase training load
Outdoor rides can add volume in Z2 pre session so 20-30 mins then load session on device to complete workout.
Based on sweet spot to devolp muscular strength and endurance, with additional work above and below threshold to push/pull to increase FTP.
Ideally used 14-16 weeks out from an event to build power and strength with intervals. The 6-8 weeks preceding A race would be dependant on event type but a V02max plan is suggested.
The plan is a based on 5 sessions per week for 3 weeks with a de-load on week four and eight.
Testing is completed in week 1 and 8 to set power zones for sprint, 1/5/20 min efforts.
The result from the test's 20 min block is your cloeset FTP value to use for the plan. Dont use a stand alone 20 min test unless it follows a 5 min v02max pre fatigue section.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.