Base Training with Power for Beginners
Lane JohnsonAll plans by this Coach
The purpose of this plan is to build a foundation of fitness to build more intense training off of. This is an eight week plan that consists primarily of endurance and tempo rides to develop aerobic fitness. The plan starts and ends with a functional threshold power test (FTP) to set training zones initially, and track fitness improvement at the end of the training plan. By the end of the plan you will have developed the aerobic endurance necessary to add in more volume or increase the intensity of your training.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|8:29 hrs||3:30 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||8:29 hrs||3:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?