Lycra-clad roadie, gravel-grinding privateer, mtb'er or tri-geek looking for more power? This 12-week plan will give you the boost you need to reach your goals and crush your foes!
This plan is written with intermediate riders (currently riding 3-4 times per week) or more advance riders (5-6 times per week) in mind. The number of days spent training ranges from 4 to 6 days, over 6 to 10 hours per week.
A standard trainer and a bike equipped with a power meter or a smart trainer will ensure you get the most out of this training plan. A well-placed fan (or 2) is also a good idea! Get ready to work.
Active recovery days or the long weekend rides can be replaced with outdoor rides of similar duration, but adhering to the plan as much as possible will give you the most "boost".
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.