15 Week Base Plan preparing your body for the next plan
Massimo GuglielmiAll plans by this Coach
This is a 15 week intermediate base plan.The Base period is the time of year when you train to train, not train to race. During the base phase you are preparing the body for the greater stresses that will follow in the build period. Whether you are starting fresh from rest or you find yourself just hovering in and out of unscheduled training, this plan will build the most important step for your fitness. Should you be starting from scratch you will need a 2 week prep. This first phase of training is needed for a race season or any big event and will help prepare you for the next blocks to come.
- Type of Athlete: Intermediate upwards
- Block: Base (endurance)
- Goal for this plan: To build a solid foundation for a peak time frame (season) or event
- Type of equipment: Weekdays = indoors or outdoors, weekends = outdoors unless weather restricted
- Expectation: Build foundation, maximize fitness
- Communication via email for any questions regarding the plan and help
- Using this plan i myself have won one 2 of the biggest classics in South Africa in my age group
- Using this plan my athletes have bettered their times by up to 30 minutes
- Top 10 results in national championships
- Top 10 results in national classics
- Power meter
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|9:28 hrs||5:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||9:28 hrs||5:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?