Year of block periodisation block 5
Paul Merkes MSc, PhDcAll plans by this Coach
This is block 5 of a full year training plan using block periodisation.
Block 1 goal: volume build
Block 2 goal: more volume build
Block 3 goal: long intervals
Block 4 goal: sprint intervals
Block 5 goal: seated intervals / big gear
Block 6 goal: increasing intervals
Block 7 goal: sprint training
Block 8 goal: on-off / fartlek intervals
Block 9 goal: long intervals
Block 10 goal: sprint intervals
Block 11 goal: high-low cadence intervals
Block 12 goal: sprint training
Block 13 goal: on-off / fartlek intervals
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|10:50 hrs||4:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||10:50 hrs||4:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?