12 week Aerobic Engine Builder (Intermediate)
Jacob EmmertonAll plans by this Coach
Hi guys, I have developed this base training plan for athletes that are quite advanced in their training and are looking at spending a 12-week period on building their base up. It focuses on 3 4-week blocks that are split up by slightly reduced training loads to allow the athlete to recover for the next bout of training. The focus for these blocks of training are around strength sessions on the bike, tempo and sweetspot work which are essential in increasing aerobic fitness as well as spending several hours on the bike in the lower cycling zones. It is not essential that you ride every single day. If you need a day off, feel free to take off a recovery day if you feel you need to. Also swapping sessions around are fine if you are busy on certain days. By the end of the plan, you should find that you are able to ride very efficiently in your endurance zone and feel comfortable riding for hours at a time. This should ultimately set you up for your build and peak phases on races that are coming up.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?