Virgile's Polarized Builder Plan (7hr/wk over 12 weeks)
Alex fastfitnesstipsAll plans by this Coach
This is Virgile's custom plan using a polarized model, emphasis is on Z1 and Z3 not threshold, although some threshold is included.
Beginner ✩✩✭✩✩ Pro
Hours per week 7 to 8 hours
Days on per week 6 (1 rest day)
Day off Monday
Avoiding: Long sweet spot / threshold
Longest normal session 1.5hrs
Longest weekend session 2.5h
Ideal Periodization structure Polarized: May thru November Polarized
Percentage of intervals 15%
Ideal TID 73 z1 | 11 z2 | 15 z3
TIPS AND ADVICE
• Establish a regular workout routine
• If the weather is bad, train indoors but don’t skip entirely
• Ride easy on easy session days (probably easier than you think)
• By all means ride with friends but not if they destroy your training plan
• Don’t avoid the training session you are weak at; it is there for a reason!
• Don’t be tough on yourself if you have a bad session
• In each session start moderately, progress firmly and finish strong!
• Have a goal, visualize your goal and know why you are training.
Best of luck from the Fastfitness.tips team!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?