Hunter Allen & Peaks Coaching GroupAll plans by this Coach
Peaks Coaching Group
Cycling Maintenance 8 Weeks is an 8 week plan designed for the MASTERS (OVER 40) Cyclist or Triathlete who trains with power, HR (Heart Rate), or RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) and can train 8:45-14:20 hours per week. You will need to be able to devote between 4-5:30 hours to training on your weekends.
These workouts are built in the structured workout builder format, so you can download them to your Garmin, Wahoo, or inside Zwift, Rouvy, etc.
The goal of this plan is to maintain your fitness as we head towards a transition period or any time you want to just pause your "improvement cycle" or delay a peak of fitness. The plan will focus mostly on Tempo workouts with a few NP (Neuromuscular Power), AC Anaerobic Capacity, and VO2 max workouts to keep those systems firing. You still do some workouts and intervals, don't worry, but there will not be many of them (or as many as you are probably used to!) and your hours should be consistent with previous weeks or a drop down from those hours. It will also include some group rides as well as alternate workouts for those of you who don’t have local group rides available or who choose to opt out of local group rides.
Designed and written by Hunter Allen, former pro cyclist, co-Founder of Training Peaks and WKO, co-author of Training and Racing with a Power Meter and Cutting-Edge Cycling and Founder and CEO of Peaks Coaching Group. The Workouts included in these pioneering and ruthlessly vetted Training Plans are the same Workouts that Hunter uses with his own Clients. Battle tested and podium approved.
Discover the benefits of a Peaks Coaching Group Training Plan
• All plans are backed by Peaks Coaching Group’s 100% Money Back Guarantee...
• Most are designed and written by Hunter Allen, one of the world’s leading experts on power training...
• Exclusive Membership to our private PCG Training Plan Facebook Group...
• Our Plans meet the needs of Cyclists and Endurance Athletes of all abilities...
Still have questions? E-mail Hunter Allen
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.