Four Week Intensity Burst - Mid-Season
Mid season can be a great time to re-focus and refresh your mind and your legs. This mid-season intensity burst program gives you specific, proven intervals two days per week, with longer rides on the weekends through the first three weeks. It finishes off with a one week "Personal Training Camp" to allow you to incorporate gains from the first three weeks and to get some big miles into your legs to insure you are strong heading into the second half of your season or into your "next" season, whether that is mountain biking, cyclocross or anything else. Take an easy recovery week in week five of this program and then come back strong in week 6 and enjoy the added strength, stamina and speed you have gained. Ride hard!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|11:45 hrs||4:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||11:45 hrs||4:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.