Endurance Lab PH & Swim Academy CoachingAll plans by this Coach
4-week 6-hour/week Cycle Base Plan.
This 4-week training plan is designed for the novice cyclist looking to establish sound foundation of fitness, improve their Functional Threshold Power (FTP) and extend their Time To Exhaustion (TTE). This training plan starts at 6 hours per week all the way to 6.5 hours per week with an average of 5% increase in Training Stress Score (TSS) per week.
To know your FTP, we have placed one of Endurance Lab PH System's (ELS) FTP tests on the first day of the program. This FTP test is modified from the original test designed by Dr. Andrew Coggan and Master Coach Hunter Allen. Get the average power from the 20-minute test and multiply it by 0.95 to get your FTP.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.