Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
The 12-week Cycling Off-Season Base Builder plan is ideal for intermediate and advanced riders who are looking to build base fitness. Whether your goals for next season are sportives, road races or time trials, this structured plan will help you to lay down the essential foundations for success.
You should already be capable of comfortably completing a 100 km (60 mile) ride and regularly logging five-to-six hours of riding time per week.
Plan is structured to be done on a smart trainer else can be done outdoors. The training weeks are typically broken down into three rides, two mid-week and one at the weekend. There is also an optional bonus session that gives you the opportunity to do some cross training.
The volume of training is between 6-10 hours per week and, with flexible days included, it can easily be adjusted to fit the plan around your life. The exception is in R&R weeks every fourth week when training is reduced culminating with self-testing. These R&R weeks will allow for adaptation and improved performance.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?