Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
The 8-week Cycling Pre-Season plan is ideal for intermediate and advanced riders and is designed to follow on from the 12-week Off-Season Base Builder plan. By increasing intensity it prepares you for the season to come whether your goals are sportives, road/circuit races or time trials. If you haven’t followed our Off-Season Base Builder plan but have trained consistently over the last few 2-3 months, typically logging 6 hours plus of riding each week and are capable of 4-5 hours or 160 kilometre (100-mile) rides, this plan is also suitable for you.
If you haven’t managed to train consistently during the off-season or aren’t at the levels suggested, don’t follow this plan. There’s little point in upping intensity without solid fitness foundations. You would be better of taking the time to establish those foundation by following our 12-week Off-Season Base Builder or, if you’re not capable of a 100 kilometre (60-mile) ride, consider our Improvers Plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?