Cycling Improver Plan
Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
The 12-week Improvers’ plan is suitable for a variety of cyclists with the common end goal of completing a 100 kilometre (60-mile) sportive or ride. To start the plan, you should be capable of riding for 90 minutes. It is also ideal for cyclists who ride regularly but haven’t followed a structured training plan before or who are returning to the sport after a bit of a lay-off. If you are currently fit and active, doing at least three 60-minute bouts of exercise a week, but not necessarily a cyclist, this is also the plan for you. The training weeks are typically broken down into three rides, two mid-week and one at the weekend. There is also an optional bonus session that gives you the opportunity to do some cross training. The volume of training is between 3-6.5 hours per week and, with flexible days included, it can easily be adjusted to fit the plan around your life. The exception is in R&R weeks every fourth week when training is reduced culminating with self-testing. These R&R weeks will allow for adaptation and improved performance.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?