Val HopkinsAll plans by this Coach
This 8-week Criterium plan is a power-based plan designed for racers who can devote 8-12 hrs/week to prepare for their A race. The weekly TSS averages 700 with a focus on threshold development, VO2max work and sprints. This race winning combination will enable you to ride away for a solo break as well outsprint the group if your race comes down to a final sprint.
You should have a solid base of at least 6 weeks prior to beginning the plan. The workouts are built with Training Peaks Workout Builder so that they can be downloaded onto Zwift, Garmin, TrainerRoad, and other such devices. The Workout Builder allows you to see your individual training targets in a graphic representation of the workout so that you can quickly glance at it to understand the details without having to manually calculate your FTP and read lots of text. A weekly strength workout is also included.
As the 2018 New England Pro Ladies Criterium Champion, I know not only how to train properly for Crits but how to win them. If I can do that, so can you!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?