Lucky Thirteens: 3 week HIT FTP builder
Patrick SmithAll plans by this Coach
This is a 3 week high intensity interval training supplement for conditioned athletes. Designed to be used after a high volume training block in order to increase lactate tolerance. All workouts target perceived effort so each individual day's power output is likely to vary. This is not recommended for beginners or athletes coming off an extended break period.
This is modelled after the protocol published in Ronnestad et al 2020. If this is being integrated into other training activities, make sure that the day prior to each of these workouts is relatively low intensity. Can be completed with minimal technology since all workouts are based on perceived effort targets. For questions and inquiries, email Patrick@coachpatricksmith.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?