12 week base training plan
This 12 week base training plan is designed to help improve endurance and build a strong base on a limited time schedule. All the workouts are based on % of FTP and will reqiuire a power meter to do the workouts properly. This plan is a great choice if you want to improve your aerobic capacity on a time crunch. This plan takes you through 3 progressive training blocks that will help you to be in peak condition for the first part of your race season or for your peak event. The first 4 week block focuses on subthreshold work to help boost your aerobic capacity and build a solid base. The second training block builds off the first block with slightly more intensity. The third block is full of intense workouts to peak your form for your target event. With the biggest week only being just over 13 hours this training plan is perfect for someone with a full time job. The longest ride of this plan during the week is 2 hours.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.