Patrick SmithAll plans by this Coach
This is a plan built off the design outlined in Billal et al 2004 using progressively more intervals at threshold over a 5 week training period to increase time to exhaustion in established endurance athletes. This is completed near FTP and requires an accurate estimate of functional threshold power or maximal lactate steady state power. If you do not have a preferred FTP protocol, you may email me and I can add one to your plan.
This plan is written to work best with power feedback or a smart trainer. It is listed as for intermediate athletes but will likely show robust response with beginners as well as moderate response with advanced athletes. For questions or comments, please email me.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.