Includes Structured Workouts
Welcome to the FFT 80:20 polarized plan based on the science of Seiler and Matt Fitzgerald. This plan emphasizes low intensity (80%) and high intensity (20%) with little at threshold. Many sessions are intervals: Milanovic et al. (2016) reported a greater response to interval training relative to continuous training at equal training volume. It is best suited to improvers who want to raise their aerobic and anaerobic base ready for next season. The latest science shows that time in base training (z1/z2) must be more than time in HIIT (z4/z5) + threshold (z3/z4) but that HIIT should outweigh threshold at least 3:2. This plan combines low, middle and high intensity training in an efficient but manageable training package. The plan is "polarized" as follows: low intensity (z1 z2) 80%; moderate intensity (z3 z4) = 4%; high intensity (z5 z6) = 16%.
anaerobic build: ✭✭✭✭✩
aerobic build: ✭✭✭✭✭
FTP build: ✭✭✭✩✩
Cadence build: ✭✭✭✩✩
TIPS AND ADVICE
• Establish a regular workout routine
• If the weather is bad, train indoors but don’t skip entirely
• Ride easy on easy session days (probably easier than you think)
• By all means ride with friends but not if they destroy your training plan
• Don’t avoid the training session you are weak at; it is there for a reason!
• Don’t be tough on yourself if you have a bad session
• In each session start moderately, progress firmly and finish strong!
• Have a goal, visualize your goal and know why you are training.
Best of luck from the Fastfitness.tips team!
Training Load By Week
Average Weekly Training Hours: 07:41