Includes Structured Workouts
Welcome to the FFT polarized Polarized Plus HIIT typically undertaken in the later off-season to stay fit or early season to start to improve. This is the advanced version = 10hrs per week (max), 6 days per week over 12 weeks. The latest science shows that time in base training (z1/z2) must be more than time in HIIT (z4/z5) + threshold (z3/z4) but that HIIT should outweigh threshold at least 3:2. This plan combines low, middle and high intensity training in an efficient but manageable training package. The plan is "polarized" using principles of Seiler as follows: low intensity (z1 z2)=72%; moderate intensity (z3 z4) = 8%; high intensity (z5 z6) = 20%.
anaerobic build: ✭✭✭✩✩
aerobic build: ✭✭✭✭✩
FTP build: ✭✭✭✭✩
TIPS AND ADVICE
• Establish a regular workout routine
• If the weather is bad, train indoors but don’t skip entirely
• Ride easy on easy session days (probably easier than you think)
• By all means ride with friends but not if they destroy your training plan
• Don’t avoid the training session you are weak at; it is there for a reason!
• Don’t be tough on yourself if you have a bad session
• In each session start moderately, progress firmly and finish strong!
• Have a goal, visualize your goal and know why you are training.
Best of luck from the Fastfitness.tips team!
Training Load By Week
Average Weekly Training Hours: 09:51