8 weeks of FTP/Anaerobic Threshold Improvement (with Workout Builder)
Dion GuyAll plans by this Coach
The 8 week FTP/Anaerobic Threshold Plan will grow your FTP by training close to and at times slightly over your anaerobic threshold. This plan does not focus on anaerobic improvement, so is more suited for cyclists looking at improving FTP before increasing their anaerobic power and capacity.
Preceding Plan: This should be preceded by a base block/plan OR a VO2max plan
Next Plan: This plan should be followed by a specificity plan
- FTP improvement
- Aerobic improvement
- Fat utilization improvement
Communication via whatsapp/sms is welcome through this plan
A power meter (smart trainer) and/or heart rate monitor necessary for compliance
On average we have seen an improvement of up to 15% on VO2max and anaerobic threshold through the completion of the 8 week Base Training Plan
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?