Road Racing: 16 week in season racing plan
Pedal ActionAll plans by this Coach
This 16 week training plan is designed to get you through your racing season. With racing at the weekends what do you do during the week to keep things on the boil? Using block periodisation, this plan splits your season up into four week blocks and includes the following:
1. FTP work using sweetspot and intensive aerobic intervals (push/pull technique)
2. Anaerobic and sprint work
3. Regular testing protocols to ensure you are training at the right levels
4. Weekend racing
5. Recovery and adaptation weeks
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|8:02 hrs||3:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||8:02 hrs||3:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?