Polarized Builder Plan (7.5hr/wk over 12weeks) (TID = 70:5:25)
Alex fastfitnesstipsAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Welcome to the FFT polarized builder plan based on the science of Seiler. This plan emphasizes low intensity (70%) and high intensity (5%) with some threshold (25%). Some sesions are intervals: Milanovic et al. (2016) reported a greater response to interval training. It is for those who want to raise their aerobic and anaerobic base ready for next season. The latest science shows that time in base training (z1/z2) must be more than time in HIIT (z4/z5) + threshold (z3/z4) but that HIIT should outweigh threshold at least 3:2. This plan combines low, middle and high intensity training in an efficient but manageable training package.
Beginner ✩✩✭✩✩ Pro
TIPS AND ADVICE
• Establish a regular workout routine
• If the weather is bad, train indoors but don’t skip entirely
• Ride easy on easy session days (probably easier than you think)
• By all means ride with friends but not if they destroy your training plan
• Don’t avoid the training session you are weak at; it is there for a reason!
• Don’t be tough on yourself if you have a bad session
• In each session start moderately, progress firmly and finish strong!
• Have a goal, visualize your goal and know why you are training.
Best of luck from the Fastfitness.tips team!
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|7:31 hrs||2:55 hrs|
|0:50 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||7:31 hrs||2:55 hrs|
||0:50 hrs||0:30 hrs|