Alex fastfitnesstipsAll plans by this Coach
Welcome to the FFT polarized builder plan based on the science of Seiler. This plan emphasizes low intensity (70%) and high intensity (5%) with some threshold (25%). Some sesions are intervals: Milanovic et al. (2016) reported a greater response to interval training. It is for those who want to raise their aerobic and anaerobic base ready for next season. The latest science shows that time in base training (z1/z2) must be more than time in HIIT (z4/z5) + threshold (z3/z4) but that HIIT should outweigh threshold at least 3:2. This plan combines low, middle and high intensity training in an efficient but manageable training package.
Beginner ✩✩✭✩✩ Pro
TIPS AND ADVICE
• Establish a regular workout routine
• If the weather is bad, train indoors but don’t skip entirely
• Ride easy on easy session days (probably easier than you think)
• By all means ride with friends but not if they destroy your training plan
• Don’t avoid the training session you are weak at; it is there for a reason!
• Don’t be tough on yourself if you have a bad session
• In each session start moderately, progress firmly and finish strong!
• Have a goal, visualize your goal and know why you are training.
Best of luck from the Fastfitness.tips team!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?