High-intensity Low Volume Taper (Two Weeks)
Sean VintinAll plans by this Coach
Based on the studies published by Rønnestad et al., 2014a the aim of this training plan is to keep your fitness or Chronic Training Load (CTL) high and stable, reduce your fatigue or Acute Training Load (ATL) and to get your freshness or Training Stress Balance (TSB) to around +ve 10
Tapering works by producing an incredible array of positive changes for athletes, including augmented glycogen stores, increased aerobic enzymes, expanded blood plasma, upgraded economy, better repair of muscle and connective-tissue trauma, improved neuromuscular coordination, and heightened mental confidence.
This is a great way for the time-poor athlete to add the elements of a traditional taper on a more realistic time schedule of 2 weeks.
This high-intensity low-volume taper plan is reported to improve endurance by ~22 percent.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:50 hrs||0:54 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:50 hrs||0:54 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?