Polarized Plus HIIT (6hr/wk over 16 weeks) (TID = 65:10:25) with cadence drills
Alex fastfitnesstipsAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Welcome to the FFT polarized Plus HIIT, typically undertaken in the late off season or early-season (yes it can be done anytime). Improver version is 6hrs per week (max), up to 6 days per week over 16 weeks. It is best suited to an athlete who has worked on their race fitness over the summer, or improvers who want to raise their aerobic and anaerobic base ready for next season. The latest science shows that time in base training (z1/z2) must be more than time in HIIT (z4/z5) + threshold (z3/z4) but that HIIT should outweigh threshold at least 3:2. This plan combines low, middle and high intensity training in an efficient but manageable training package. The plan is "polarized" using principles of Seiler as follows: low intensity (z1 z2)=65%; moderate intensity (z3 z4) = 10%; high intensity (z5 z6) = 25%. We also have a 10 week and 12 week versions.
Beginner ✩✩✭✩✩ Pro
This is power based, includes FTP tests and steady progression, focusses on base miles with HIIT and threshold (sweetspot).
TIPS AND ADVICE
• Establish a regular workout routine
• Missing a day is ok, substituting a day is ok, but if you miss a week: repeat it until done
• If the weather is bad, train indoors but don’t skip entirely
• Ride easy on easy session days (probably easier than you think)
• By all means ride with friends but not if they destroy your training plan
• Don’t avoid the training session you are weak at; it is there for a reason!
• Don’t be tough on yourself if you have a bad session
• In each session start moderately, progress firmly and finish strong!
• Have a goal, visualize your goal and know why you are training.
Best of luck from the Fastfitness.tips team!
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:39 hrs||2:05 hrs|
|0:41 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:39 hrs||2:05 hrs|
||0:41 hrs||0:30 hrs|