8 week gravel grinder plan towards a longer gravel ride/event
Jan Van Herck (www.bike-training.be) / certified coach based in BelgiumAll plans by this Coach
Prepare yourself for a longer gravel event/ride (160k) with this diverse plan.
Force, tempo, sweet spot and FTP intervals are included. Also a longer ride during the weekend and one non cycling workout (yoga for cyclists).
The plan has worked well for several gravel events in Europe like Smugglers Path, 666gravel and Dirty Boar in Belgium.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|3:14 hrs||4:00 hrs|
|2:37 hrs||4:00 hrs|
|0:07 hrs||0:10 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:14 hrs||4:00 hrs|
||2:37 hrs||4:00 hrs|
||0:07 hrs||0:10 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?