5 Week Winter Plan
You're busy during the week, and cold and darkness have you riding indoors. You want to get better, but don't have a plan and aren't sure where to start.
If this sounds like you and you've got a decent level of base built up or carried over from last season, this plan is for you.
There's a test at the end of the first week to establish your Zones, and a test at the end to quantify improvement. Each week is based around 3 anchor workouts - 2 interval sessions and an endurance ride. We've also included notes on how to adjust the endurance ride if you're crunched for time.
Average weekly hours: 6.5
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.