Coach Jeff WinklerAll plans by this Coach
This plan is intended to precede any of the event-specific plans. Repeat this plan until you start your event-specific plan.
Bike choice can be customized to your event: primarily ride MTB if you are preparing for Leadville and a gravel bike if preparing for DK200 or STMBT GRVL.
This plan will develop a strong foundation upon which you can build to your event. During this 5-week block, training sessions will target the full range of of the duration-intensity curve. Even though your event will primarily call upon the aerobic system, most events include some periods of higher intensity and the ability to tolerate repeated hard efforts.
Not sure if this is the right plan for you? Confused about how to string together multiple plans or pick a plan for multiple goals? The Unlimited Training Plan Subscription might be the right answer for you. For a monthly fee you have access to all Winkler Cycling training plans and regular consultations with Coach Winkler to pick the right plan and keep your training on track.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|10:21 hrs||5:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||10:21 hrs||5:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?