Intervals for Road Racing - Advanced- 4 Weeks
Alex QuirkAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Are you an experienced rider who wants some structure with their training but doesn't want to commit to a coach? Then give this program a try, it is a interval heavy training plan designed to sharpen you up for racing. Ideal for Cat 1 or A grade riders used to training with power. For best results try our base program first or spend 8 - 12 weeks doing some form of base training.
- 3 Weeks of progressive difficulty, followed by an easy week.
- Ideal for time pressed athletes: weekday sessions do not go longer than 2 hours.
- Power Based: detailed guide of of wattage, heart rate and RPE* zones for each session
- Can substitute recovery rides with days off for time pressed athletes
- Variety of sessions will give you some tools to coach yourself
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|10:12 hrs||3:00 hrs|
|1:22 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||10:12 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||1:22 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter