Intervals for Road Racing - Advanced- 4 Weeks
Alex QuirkAll plans by this Coach
Are you an experienced rider who wants some structure with their training but doesn't want to commit to a coach? Then give this program a try, it is a interval heavy training plan designed to sharpen you up for racing. Ideal for Cat 1 or A grade riders used to training with power. For best results try our base program first or spend 8 - 12 weeks doing some form of base training.
- 3 Weeks of progressive difficulty, followed by an easy week.
- Ideal for time pressed athletes: weekday sessions do not go longer than 2 hours.
- Power Based: detailed guide of of wattage, heart rate and RPE* zones for each session
- Can substitute recovery rides with days off for time pressed athletes
- Variety of sessions will give you some tools to coach yourself
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|10:12 hrs||3:00 hrs|
|1:22 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||10:12 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||1:22 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?