Base training for experienced athletes wanting to start their season right. Ride slow to go faster!
This program is tailor made for athletes looking to do a proper base period. This program will put you through a proper base period with approx 11 - 13 hours a week of riding. The program places a heavy emphasis on sweet spot, tempo and endurance rides, to increase your fitness in the most efficient and sustainable way early in the season. This is ideally suited to experienced athletes who have trained with structured training previously and who are willing to be patient with not going too hard too early in the season.
- Introductory 20 minute power test
- Helpful guide for establishing training zones, calculating FTP, tips for using bike computers effectively and
general tips regarding using power meters and rate of perceived effort (RPE) properly
- No weekday sessions are longer than 2 hours
- Power Based: detailed guide of of wattage, heart rate and RPE zones for each session
- Clear sense of progression to keep you engaged
- Suitable for Cat 1 or A grade riders
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.