Base Training - Beginner - 8 Weeks
Alex Quirk / Endeavor CoachingAll plans by this Coach
Base Training is a fundamental part of any training process and is the ideal way to start your season/year. In a base training block we look to improve your cardiovascular system and do some specific speed work to improve your technique. This plan is perfect if you; want to improve your cardiovascular fitness, are preparing for a charity ride, or if you are looking to prepare for races in a sustainable way. The efforts we prescribe in the base period are specifically designed to improve you, without depleting you of all energy. It's a must do before more serious and taxing training.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?