Includes Structured Workouts
This is an 8 week Heart Rate based plan that concentrates on progressively building base endurance using best in class techniques from industry leaders and research academics, exercises that develop cyclist specific strength and conditioning as proven with Team Sky and a series of videos to develop mental toughness to maintain momentum and motivation.
The programme is divided into four elements, the combination of which is unique in the market. In essence we have designed a programme that ensures that your fitness levels increase at a pace optimal your ability to recover and then adapt to increased training loads, while giving you the tools to improve your overall performance and resilience. This programme is based on Cycle For Fitness Ltd's trademarked Workout, Recovery Adapt Perform (WRAP) methodology to ensure that you exercise at the optimal level of freshness at all times. The programme is broken down as follows :
(1) The base element includes a series of tempo and higher interval efforts (either on the turbo trainer or flat to rolling roads) in your weekday rides. Note that we follow best practise from the US and GB Olympic teams, basing most of the effort on endurance with smaller but more beneficial levels of high intensity efforts in any session. Alongside these are longer rides at the weekend and a fasted session which will help build a strong endurance base. The training load that is applied to each workout can be adjusted to your degree of freshness and fatigue, with this being measured using our second element as follows:
(2) This second element is Heart Rate Variation (HRV) Within the first week you will measure your HRV daily to determine your baseline (there is no right or wrong), and once established you will track that on a daily basis to understand changes how your body is reacting to the workouts in terms of your degree of freshness to undertake higher intensity workouts, and conversely when your HRV level drops this may indicate fatigue or stress that will allow you to decide to rest or train at a much lesser intensity. In this way the guess work is taken out, helping to prevent you from overtraining or under training and that your workout training loads can be tuned such that you perform at your optimal level.
(3) The third element is a series of strength and conditioning exercises to ensure that you build a strong foundation and hence become less prone to injury or soreness. These exercises assess and improve your range of movement, then work to improve your control over the range of movements needed to build resilience. Following this regime will help you never again do a weights session that is unsuitable, has little value or results in injury and unnecessary soreness.
(4) The fourth element is a series of videos that include short highly focused yoga sessions to help you obtain greater flexibility and improve recovery and a series of videos giving you the edge in terms of mental toughness needed to achieve your goal.
The price includes a two months subscription to Sufferfest and to the ithlete HRV Pro dashboard. You may of course continue with the subscriptions beyond the programme.
To begin this programme you will need the following:
1. Heart rate monitor
2. HRV sensor (either certified finger sensor or HRV compatible chest strap),
3. Strava account
4. TrainingPeaks account (can be provided as a costed option)
5. Smartphone or tablet loaded with the ithlete App (available on Apple Store or Google Play)
The programme will be more enjoyable and effective if you have the following:
1. Turbo trainer for winter workouts.
2. Cycle computer to follow the structured workouts while riding.
Before starting please contact email@example.com for an initial consultation so that we can help you prepare for the workouts, setup HRV, Trainingpeaks, etc.