Crit and Circuit Race Plan For Intermediate Riders- Build/Peak/Race Plan
Pete MacLeodAll plans by this Coach
This plan is recommended for road racers who are focusing on crits and shorter circuit races. A heart rate monitor is required. Power is not required, but it is recommended. Typical weeks will be between 8-9 hours of training, with recovery weeks around 6.5 hours of training. Most weekday workouts are only 1-1.5hrs.
This plan will take you from the start of build training through your first A priority race.
During this build period the emphasis will be increasing top end power, and your ability to attack and sprinting. The plan concludes with a two week taper before your A priority event.
Throughout the plan you will perform field tests to gauge fitness and there are opportunities to incorporate level B and C races.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?