Master's 45+ Road and Circuit Race - Build/Peak/Race Plan
Pete MacLeodAll plans by this Coach
This plan is recommended for Experienced Cat 3 and higher Road Racers. A heart rate monitor is required. Power is not required, but it is recommended. Typical weeks will be around 9-10 hours of training, with recovery weeks around 7 hours of training.
One of the benefits of this plan is the ability to adapt it to your needs. You have the option to do the Endurance Rides on either your road, cross, or mountain bike.
This plan is designed for those who have flexible work/school schedules as there are some lengthy mid-week endurance rides (up to two hours).
The plan starts with a Field Test week then the intensity ramps. Specific interval days are set up to maximize time and prepare for the specifics of road and circuit races. The plan concludes with a taper period and your first A priority race.
All workouts are set up with the workout builder for easy integration with smart trainers.
As always, custom plans can be created specifically for your needs, contact Pete at www.holdfastcoaching.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?