Road and Circuit Race Build/Peak/Race Plan For Intermediate Racers Who Are Time Constrained
Pete MacLeodAll plans by this Coach
This plan is recommended for road racers (Cat 3/4) who are focusing on circuit races and road races 2-3hrs in length. A heart rate monitor is required. Power is not required, but it is recommended. Typical weeks will average 8hrs of training, with recovery weeks around 6 hours of training. Most weekday workouts are only 1hr. However there are some longer rides on the weekends.
This plan is for those who have already completed base training and have a solid level of general fitness heading into the racing season.
During the 8 week build phase the emphasis will be increasing threshold power, speed, and your ability to attack. The plan concludes with a two week taper before your A priority event.
As always, custom plans can be created specifically for your needs, contact Pete at www.holdfastcoaching.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|6:12 hrs||3:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||6:12 hrs||3:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?