TP005 Full Winter Cycling Training Plan | 32 weeks | S&C included | 7 hours ave |
James WalsgroveAll plans by this Coach
This programme is specifically designed for any cyclist wishing to improve their cycling whether it be Timetrials, triathlons and sportive’s for next season or just get faster to keep up with your club mates.
Everybody wants quick times during the season and to get these it is important to remember that the hard work is not done just close to your race but what is just as important is building your fitness in the off season.
Periodisation is the key for any athlete wanting to do well and this 7 month plan will go right through all the training phases from base, build to peak.
The plan will not only include bike sessions but all strength & conditioning sessions to target those cycling specific muscles meaning that you will be stronger and more comfortable on the bike.
This is the identical plan that was used my "team ride harder" during the 2017/18 season and saw power increases of 64% with the average being 14%.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?