Time Crunched: Threshold Development Training Program (8 Weeks)
Tom MurrayAll plans by this Coach
Develop your threshold fitness and head into the winter months with a great starting point for your base training. Threshold is the point at which aerobic meets anaerobic fitness and a good ability to hold and maintain effort at this intensity is key to many areas of a successful ride. By taking on this 8 week training program and pairing the sessions with your power meter you will be pushed to a hard but achievable level of training, complete two FTP test's to track changes and adaptions and benefit from former British Professional rider Tom Murray's in depth training knowledge.
Training is based on availability of 4 rides per week and requires a mix of indoor and outdoor training.
Plan is ideal for those timed crunched and looking for short sessions during a busy week.
This training program is put together for those using a power meter.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?