Gran Fondo 12 Week Masters
Hunter Allen & Peaks Coaching GroupAll plans by this Coach
Gran Fondo 12 Week Masters is a 12 week plan designed for the Masters (over 40) Cyclist or Triathlete who trains with power, HR (Heart Rate), or RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) and can train 10:35-14 hours per week (excluding Rest Weeks). You will need to be able to devote between 4-8:15 hours to training on your weekends.
With over 60 Gran Fondos in the US alone, this is indeed a very popular style of event. Some adhere strictly to the original Italian model, minimum distance of 120 Km (70 miles) with timed start to finish followed by a large meal, while others are really just a big group ride. One thing that pretty much remains the same across all is that they are open to riders of all abilities!
This particular plan is designed for riders who have been riding for 3 years and are riding 5-7 times per week. You should already be able to complete a 100 mile ride.
This plan is for the cyclist who is interested in increasing their FTP (Functional Threshold Power) and really getting faster and improving their performance in Gran Fondos.
Designed and written by Hunter Allen, former pro cyclist, co-Founder of Training Peaks and WKO, co-author of Training and Racing with a Power Meter and Cutting-Edge Cycling and Founder and CEO of Peaks Coaching Group. The Workouts included in these pioneering and ruthlessly vetted Training Plans are the same Workouts that Hunter uses with his own Clients. Battle tested and podium approved.
Discover the benefits of a Peaks Coaching Group Training Plan
• All plans are backed by Peaks Coaching Group’s 100% Money Back Guarantee...
• Most are designed and written by Hunter Allen, one of the world’s leading experts on power training...
• Exclusive Membership to our private PCG Training Plan Facebook Group...
• Our Plans meet the needs of Cyclists and Endurance Athletes of all abilities...
Still have questions? E-mail Hunter Allen
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?