Includes Structured Workouts
Peaks Coaching Group
Gran Fondo 12 Week Masters is a 12 week plan designed for the Masters (over 40) Cyclist or Triathlete who trains with power, HR (Heart Rate), or RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) and can train 10:35-14 hours per week (excluding Rest Weeks). You will need to be able to devote between 4-8:15 hours to training on your weekends.
With over 60 Gran Fondos in the US alone, this is indeed a very popular style of event. Some adhere strictly to the original Italian model, minimum distance of 120 Km (70 miles) with timed start to finish followed by a large meal, while others are really just a big group ride. One thing that pretty much remains the same across all is that they are open to riders of all abilities!
This particular plan is designed for riders who have been riding for 3 years and are riding 5-7 times per week. You should already be able to complete a 100 mile ride.
This plan is for the cyclist who is interested in increasing their FTP (Functional Threshold Power) and really getting faster and improving their performance in Gran Fondos.
Designed and written by Hunter Allen, former pro cyclist, co-Founder of Training Peaks and WKO, co-author of Training and Racing with a Power Meter and Cutting-Edge Cycling and Founder and CEO of Peaks Coaching Group. The Workouts included in these pioneering and ruthlessly vetted Training Plans are the same Workouts that Hunter uses with his own Clients. Battle tested and podium approved.
Discover the benefits of a Peaks Coaching Group Training Plan
• All plans are backed by Peaks Coaching Group’s 100% Money Back Guarantee...
• Most are designed and written by Hunter Allen, one of the world’s leading experts on power training...
• Exclusive Membership to our private PCG Training Plan Facebook Group...
• Our Plans meet the needs of Cyclists and Endurance Athletes of all abilities...
How to Select a PCG (Pre-Built) Training Plan
See all of our Training Plans
Still have questions? E-mail Hunter Allen
• Custom Coaching for Cyclists & Endurance Athletes • Epic Cycling Camps •
• Pre-Built Training Plans • Custom Training Plans • Shop the PCG Store •
Training Load By Week
Average Weekly Training Hours: 12:15