Base training for athletes new to structured training!
This program is tailor made for athletes looking to do a proper base period but fit in with their busy lives. Mid Week Sessions are no longer than one and a half hours, this program will put you through a proper base period with less than 10 hours a week of riding. The program places a heavy emphasis on subTHR or sweet spot efforts, to increase your fitness in the most efficient and sustainable way early in the season.
- Introductory 20 minute power test
- Helpful guide for establishing training zones, calculating FTP, tips for using bike computers effectively and
general tips regarding using power meters and rate of perceived effort (RPE) properly
- Power Based: detailed guide of of wattage, heart rate and RPE zones for each session
- Variety of sessions will give you some tools to coach yourself
- Clear sense of progression to keep you engaged and educate you about structured training
- Suitable for Cat 2/3 or (B/C grade) riders looking to progress their cycling
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.