Base training for athletes new to structured training!
This program is tailor made for athletes looking to do a proper base period but fit in with their busy lives. This program will put you through a proper base period with less than 10 hours a week of riding. The program places a heavy emphasis on subTHR or sweet spot efforts, to increase your fitness in the most efficient and sustainable way early in the season.
- Introductory 20 minute power test
- Helpful guide for establishing training zones, calculating FTP, tips for using bike computers effectively and
general tips regarding using power meters and rate of perceived effort (RPE) properly
- Power Based: detailed guide of of wattage, heart rate and RPE zones for each session
- Variety of sessions will give you some tools to coach yourself
- Clear sense of progression to keep you engaged and educate you about structured training
- Suitable for Cat 2/3 or (B/C grade) riders looking to progress their cycling
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.