Patrick PotvinAll plans by this Coach
This program is intended for cyclists with limited training experience but who can ride at least 50km in one ride and who are looking to improve their cycling power and fitness level. The plan includes 3 sessions a week and thus is ideal for those who are limited by the number of times they can get on their bike.
The first month builds on volume and introduces the cyclist to some short intervals. The second month increases the intensity of the intervals and continues building endurance with longer rides. The third month works on sustainable power by increasing the duration of the intervals and reducing rest periods. You can time the implementation of this program to correspond to an important race that is ~3 month away from when you start it.
The plan provides detailed descriptions of each workout with mileage targets and intensity guidelines based on perceived effort (RPE ratings), HR and Power .
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.