Gale BernhardtAll plans by this Coach
This 12-Week training plan is designed for the beginning cyclist that is looking for a plan to follow to get fit. This plan begins with three, 30-minute rides and builds to a goal-ride of 24 to 30 miles on Saturday of Week 11. Week 12 is a rest week with a 5-mile time trial included to benchmark your fitness.
Each week of the plan has three cycling workouts, one equipment or technique tip, a nutrition tip and one of my favorite motivational quotes. A Kudo comment is included on one ride each week to help keep you on track. Have a look at the plan preview and the goals listed below to see if this plan is right for you.
Goals of the plan:
- Ride three times per week for 12 weeks to build fitness
- Build the long weekend ride from 30 minutes to a goal, destination ride around 24 to 30 miles. (This will take you around 2 hours if you average 12 to 15 miles per hour (mph).)
- Establish cycling as a routine.
- Get fit.
Find the supporting documents you need to help you with this plan at this link.
You can find more training plan choices at THIS HOT LINK.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?