James WalsgroveAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed to develop your threshold and VO2 max in the first phase of the build period. We will be working at all intensities but heavily focused on pushing your threshold up by working in that zone and also pulling up threshold by working at VO2. It is based on 4 sessions per week with a mixture of turbo trainer and road. Most of the sessions have been constructed using power although this can be done using HR zones also. There is also some strength & conditioning sessions to be completed off the bike which is also important to to develop you as a cyclist.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.