TP002 Sweet Spot base Part 1 | 4 weeks | 7 hours
James WalsgroveAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed to develop your threshold during the final phase of the base period by working at Sweet spot intensity which is around 88-93% of FTP. This ideally should follow the Part 3 as some of the workouts are advanced in this block. It is based on 4 sessions per week with a mixture of turbo trainer and road. Most of the sessions have been constructed using power although this can be done using HR zones also. There is also some strength & conditioning sessions to be completed off the bike which is also important to to develop you as a cyclist.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:54 hrs||2:40 hrs|
|0:34 hrs||0:20 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:54 hrs||2:40 hrs|
||0:34 hrs||0:20 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?