Upgrader: Category 5 to Category 4 (Road)
Coach Jeff WinklerAll plans by this Coach
This training plan will prepare you to make the jump from Category 5 to Category 4 for ROAD events. The plan will develop all the elements you need to place well and score points to upgrade to the next level.
Obviously, you'll still have to execute a smart plan in the races to actually finish well. Only the strongest can outride all competitors using brute force. Be smart in the races and stay close to the front, always "within striking distance". Never waste your energy and time your efforts for maximum impact based on course, terrain and the actions of your competitors.
Ideally, you'll complete this plan just prior to the racing season. Once racing starts, you'll be racing on the weekend and then need to training differently mid-week to make sure your fresh enough to give it you all on the weekend. Check out our "Maintainer" Training Plans for in-season maintenance of your racing form.
Start the plan on a Monday!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|7:59 hrs||4:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||7:59 hrs||4:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?