The Endurance Habit - Toby LeylandAll plans by this Coach
This plan was created based on riders needing structure and recovery during race season. It assumes a road race each Sunday and can be modified to include a midweek TT or circuit race.
It is a 4 week block to be used during the race season. The aim is to build muscular and aerobic endurance during the week in a consistent manner with an easy pre-race ride focused on technique.
The plan follows a structured format;
Monday rest day with some active recovery off the bike
Tuesday club chain gang / spirited group ride
Wednesday muscular endurance low cadence session
Thursday sweet spot endurance intervals
Friday VO2 or threshold intervals each week has a different focus
Saturday easy pre race ride with sprint technique
Sunday Road race / circuit or longer endurance club ride.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.