Cycle In Race Season - 4 week build
The Endurance Habit - Toby LeylandAll plans by this Coach
This plan was created based on riders needing structure and recovery during race season. It assumes a road race each Sunday and can be modified to include a midweek TT or circuit race.
It is a 4 week block to be used during the race season. The aim is to build muscular and aerobic endurance during the week in a consistent manner with an easy pre-race ride focused on technique.
The plan follows a structured format;
Monday rest day with some active recovery off the bike
Tuesday club chain gang / spirited group ride
Wednesday muscular endurance low cadence session
Thursday sweet spot endurance intervals
Friday VO2 or threshold intervals each week has a different focus
Saturday easy pre race ride with sprint technique
Sunday Road race / circuit or longer endurance club ride.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|8:10 hrs||2:25 hrs|
|2:00 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||8:10 hrs||2:25 hrs|
||2:00 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?