BIKE BOOST EFFORT | RPE WEEKDAYS INDOOR TURBO OR GYM WEEKENDS OUT | NEW / IMPROVER 16 WEEKS
Paul GardnerAll plans by this Coach
Includes Strength and Conditioning, Plyo, Warm ups and Cool downs
Distance | Event: Up to 20k bike races, up to 40k 'sportives' or gentler distance rides [1.5 hours+]
Suitable for: Novice | Beginner
Suitable for an unconditioned athlete new to the sport or discipline, or someone returning after a long layoff from regular activity, perhaps injury or child birth. You may be doing something important to you or an event for a charity. You get a progressive programme based on your chosen way of measuring effort that’s clear, easy to follow and starts with testing and manageable sessions that grow more challenging as you improve. We recommend that you book a target event or race to provide motivation and announce your intentions on social media, so you get support from your friends and family
You'll need a turbo trainer or indoor spin bike, or a gym that has one for the midweek sessions, as the plan focuses on indoor efforts where it's a lot safer to work hard. The weekends start with shorter sharper sessions, you can always add a bit of to and fro on if you want, but then soon build to include hills and faster workouts that replicate a race or a longer distance event up to an hour or so. The sessions are varied, to music or TV and keep you engaged whilst getting you fitter and faster.
What you get:
• Video introduction and Welcome
• Full test protocols for benchmarking and improvement, plus retesting sessions
• One-minute videos on Training Peaks set up and use, plus how-to PDF
• Information on all links to connect your training device and Training Peaks if needed
• ALL sessions based on YOUR fitness, pace, heart rate or power metrics
• Inbuilt ‘progression’ challenge, sessions get more challenging the fitter you get
• Full illustrated guides on all strength and conditioning sessions
• A plan based on your chosen way of measuring your effort and improvement
• A programme based not on hours, but on fitness progression for your chosen event
• An invitation to the closed group Racestronger Facebook pages where you can share experiences, ask questions and find out more relating to your training
All our plans offer proven results, and have been used by elites to novice level athletes in multi- discipline to single sport to achieve personal bests and outstanding performances. Race proven by the Lovetri |Swimwerkx team and hundreds of athletes worldwide. The library features full multi-discipline programmes and ‘boost’ programmes, allowing you to focus on your favourite sport or the one you want to improve the most.
All training plans on racestronger.com http://bit.ly/racestronger
All Racestronger plans on Training Peaks http://bit.ly/allplans
AG, POWER & Performance plans on racestronger.com http://bit.ly/agegroup
Bike POWER based plans on Training Peaks http://bit.ly/power_me_up
Like and Join on Facebook! http://bit.ly/racestrongerteam
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:21 hrs||1:02 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:21 hrs||1:02 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?