Hunter Allen for Go Faster Cycling
This 8 week Go Faster Cycling training plan written by Hunter Allen is made for cyclists or triathletes who train with power, heart rate, or perceived exertion. We have provided an eBook on the first day of the plan that contains testing protocol and explains how to set your training zones within TrainingPeaks. That will allow you to know exactly where you are starting with the plan and provide the correct information for testing in the future.
This plan is for the athlete can train from 9 to 13 hours a week, has just started in cycling, and is excited about improving. You can put in between 2-4 hours on one of your weekend days.
The goal of the plan is to increase your threshold and also increase your endurance in the 8 week period.
Before beginning you should be able to complete a 30 mile ride and you would like to be able to complete a 50-60 mile ride in the near future. You are currently riding your bike from 4-7x per week but lack direction and exactly how to best use your training method.
To get the most out of this plan, it's important that you go through the testing information on day one in order to know exactly where your threshold stands.
Best of luck! You can do it!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.